2001 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Awesome...but....
By andrewcaudillo on 03/30/11 00:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Mazda, I really do. But after 10 years of babying, I feel that it should fare better than it is. We bought it brand new in late 2000. It looked incredible then, and it still does. However, there are a few issues: 1) (minor) the fabric panelling on the doors is falling off. ($20 fix) 2) (minor) The headlights are all fogged up ($15 fix) 3) (major) The PLASTIC intake manifold gasket has gone bad ($1000 fix) Would I buy another one? Mmm...probably not. I'm driving a 2001 Toyota Camry LE (4 cyl) while the Mazda's in the shop, and though it doesn't look as good, drive as well, or sound as awesome, it hasn't given my grandparents a single issue... I'll buy a VW or Toyota next time

Best SUV I've Had
By Alex on 08/08/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it for about 2 years now and I have just hit 100,000 miles and it still runs great. I have only had to replace a few things like the air conditioning compressor and i just got new brakes put on it today which reasonable for a car that has gone that far. I also had the brake booster replaced right away and i have not had any problems since that. I love this SUV soooo much that I had the cloth seats taken out, and I bought custom perforated real leather seats and i also had a sunroof installed. Both from Classic Soft Trim.

I still love my 2001 Tribute
By Cary on 05/01/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been meaning to submit a report since 2001... I love this car. It has enough power to merge and pass safely on the highway, enough cargo space to haul a garden's worth of plants & mulch with the option of opening just the back window for extra-long items, the seats are comfortable on 8 hour drives and I still feel happy when I see its graceful profile in the parking lot, especially next to bigger, clunkier SUVs. I bought it new, and put over 120,000 miles on it. It still feels like my "new" car. Unfortunately, it crashed last week (no fault of the Tribute), so here I am, looking for another just like it. That says it all: would I buy it again? Yes!

great suv
By phil on 07/28/05 08:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth Running, never had a problem, great gas mileage. wonderful suv to own

Good Looking SUV with some quirks
By TheGrip on 07/06/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned this beauty over 4 years. Love the peppy engine and inside comfort. No major expenses except for new oil pan recently installed due to the nut stripping the aluminum housing. Expected much better gas mileage. Average 16-17MPG. Also wish it had a larger gas tank. Hard to find the ignition key hole at night. Developed a annoying noise in the rear hatch. With all that at 85,000 miles still happy with it.

I love my Mazda Tribute
By Dianne Leonetti on 02/03/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the Tribute for almost 4 years. I love its size, not huge like the others, so can justify daily use and gas usage, but large enough to haul a complete heating and air conditioning system up to Buffalo from Atlanta for installation in my son's newly purchased home! No problem fitting it all in. Buy one.

Mazda Tribute LX V6
By jkannard on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the pep my Mazda has. It has been a really reliable vehicle and is roomy enough for our family of four.

zoom, zomm, zoom
By NESSA709 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

NICE SUV TO DRIVE. NICE LOOKING ALSO

great car
By thanasi on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this car has a bit of muscle with its D.O.H.C. engine. When the adds say that it is like riding a miata, they are correct. the handlin is not exactly like a sports car, but it is much better then any other suv that I have driven.

Front Brake sucks
By Khi Dot on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Front brake wears at 37K and need to replace brake pad at dealer cost $189.00. Turned out the rotors fail too, and need to replace rotors at the cost of $400.00. Rear struts fail too at 30K and need to wait for about 2 months for the parts in.