2001 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
2001 Mazda Tribute is a Great Vehicle
By Eva on 08/20/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2001 Mazda Tribute in 2000. I have driven over 75,000 miles. This is a great vehicle. I have had no major problems with this vehicle. The only two problems I experienced was a broken door handle (inside) in about year three and about three months ago an EGR valve had to be replaced. The door handle cost was $75 dollars and the EGR valve $120. These are the only expenses I have had with my vehicle as far as repairs. This is a great everyday vehicle. It's roomy, the steering is excellent, it runs great and stops on a dime. I'm going into my fifth year driving this vehicle and I plan to drive it five more. My Tribute is well worth the $16,700 I paid for it back in 2000.

"I Love My MADZA TRIBUTE!"
By Madza Tribute on 08/03/05 01:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The day I gave this black SUV a trial run I had to buy it. It was the first one sold in Contra Costa County. Every where I went people asked me what kind of SUV it was ... I still get compliments on it. It has been the true "ZOOM ZOOM" that they advertised. It pulls my Sea-Doo with no effort. The 4-wheel drive is easy to use and works great up in the snow. The ONLY thing that was negative is that they put the shift control on the steering wheel instead of on the floor; sometimes when you change the volume on the radio you accidentally hit the steering shifter. I think they have remedied this on newer models. I love this SUV!

engine problems
By mazdasucks on 11/04/04 15:46 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the engine at 57000 miles.

If you like the feel of a car but need s
By Kiele on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you like the feel of a car but need something bigger this is great!!! I find it to be very peppy and it gets GREAT gas milage.

Nice to drive, yet very unsafe
By AimeeW on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the DX 2WD/ 4cyl standard Tribute and it has been a reliable car in general but it is absolutely horrible in the rain/snow. It handles extremely poor in these conditions. When it rains, I hydroplane often and it skids on any road that is slightly slick while braking. I am looking to trade this vehicle in because of this but now I see that it has depreciated terribly as well.