2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid 2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - I'm Very Happy With This

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

I'm Very Happy With This Vehicle
By ddnuutz on

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Mazda and my first Hybrid. I was leery of the 30 to 34 MPG claims because of my past experiences with new vehicles, but I have had this vehicle for several months now and I can say that I have been at or just below 32 MPG's since day 1! This model is almost identical to the Ford Escape which I was considering as well, I went with the Mazda because the interior was more comfortable and the interior (while far from elegant) looked better than Ford's version. It drives very well, with solid kick and has great legroom in the back seat. Most other SUVs of this size had my knees banging on the front seat, but not this one. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Leg room in the back seat. Cargo space. Gas mileage. Drives smoothly.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior style doesn't quite go with the other Mazda models, I think they could improve on it. Also the door handles can be difficult to open. More options would be nice. Getting out of the vehicle, people often hit the doorway because it gets in the way. More color options would be nice.