2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute Hybrid model:
Mazda's secret
By Hybrid fan on 07/14/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had it 2 months and so far there's been no major problems. The average mpg up to 27.8 which is around what I expected. Overall I would recommend it for someone who wants an environmentally kinder SUV.

Unexpected nice found
By jssum on 07/09/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

My wife got her new driver's license and she initially wanted a MINI, but I thought why don't we go green, and I didn't even know there's a hybrid SUV made by Mazda at that time. The color options were limited, we picked the spark blue and there was only 1 available in socal when I searched the Mazda inventory. Fortunately it was a nice looking sky blue and the pricing sealed the deal. We've been getting 29 mpg on avg so far, handling is quite good (we just drove it up to the mountains this weekend) and the audio system is better than expected. Even my picky parents said the back seats are comfortable.

Green Power!
By Trivalley guy on 06/25/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

Owned a gas guzzling Jeep and paying $90 per fill up was just not cutting it. Looked at another SUV and was reading about the Ford Escape. Stumbled upon this gem. Sister car to Escape and Mercury Mariner, but a better design (in my opinion), and better pricing. Couple that with the $3000 tax incentive and I was sold. Solidly built, quiet, flawless transition from battery to gas and back. Decent sound system. Averaging 31 mpg since we got it. NICE!

Love my Mazda Tribute Hybrid
By al on 06/23/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

We purchased our mazda when gas was still under 4.00 a gallon. Love the mileage, 36 mpg. Fun car to drive. Overall very satisfied.

So far so good...
By CJ on 06/19/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the car in Feb and took a trip from Sacramento to San Diego and back a month later. Car is comfortable for 3-4 people + large dog in back. I enjoy driving it. Mileage on SD trip averaged 30 MPG. In town 28-31 MPG. You will find yourself driving a little slower to drive farther in electric mode. We are glad we bought it.

Not bad... not bad at all
By pleasden on 06/15/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

This is my second Mazda. Drawn to it obviously because of the gas mileage. Had an old Jeep which cost around $90 to fill up recently. Was looking for an SUV to replace it. Came across an article talk about the Tribute hybrid. Decided to take a look. Nice looking car, 34/30 city/hwy mpg, comfortable to drive and quieter than my Mazda 6. Couple that with the available $3000 tax credit and the deal was sealed! Hurry and find one.

An excellent small SUV
By tas on 04/19/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been an excellent choice of a vehicle. I test drove the Ford Escape version and, in comparison, the Mazda vehicle feels better appointed inside. I like the piano-black center console, it looks a lot better than the one in the Escape version of the vehicle. Do not buy the vehicle without the navigation package, the whole fun of driving a hybrid is checking your fuel economy!!! A must accessory is the HomeLink Mirror which is really inexpensive.

I'm Very Happy With This Vehicle
By ddnuutz on 03/03/08 16:06 PM (PST)

This is my first Mazda and my first Hybrid. I was leery of the 30 to 34 MPG claims because of my past experiences with new vehicles, but I have had this vehicle for several months now and I can say that I have been at or just below 32 MPG's since day 1! This model is almost identical to the Ford Escape which I was considering as well, I went with the Mazda because the interior was more comfortable and the interior (while far from elegant) looked better than Ford's version. It drives very well, with solid kick and has great legroom in the back seat. Most other SUVs of this size had my knees banging on the front seat, but not this one. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.