2011 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Poor person's exotic
By DLu on 01/19/14 10:21 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda RX-8 Coupe R3 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

If you want a car that has universally been loved for its handling prowess, especially for cars under $100k, and you want a unique vehicle (the only rotary engine available in a modern car, "freestyle" doors that offer easier rear stea access while avoiding ridiculously long coupe doors, 9000 rpm redline, non-vanilla looks, etc), then the RX-8 (now only available as used) is an excellent option. I got my R3 new for less than what Insideline paid for their FR-S, so the value factor is excellent too. I drive the R3 on a daily basis, except when there is salt/snow on the road. I swapped out the OEM summer tires, and the handling is still great. Mileage is not a problem for my 22-mi round trip.

R3 is Brilliant!
By sm108 on 11/11/11 04:26 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda RX-8 Coupe R3 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

If you are a true enthusiast, the RX-8 R3 is for you; I drove the usual suspects- 370Z, G37s, 335i, all are great cars However, the way this car comes together, the hand-in-glove feel you get, the intoxicating sound, and the perfect steering and shifter, and firm yet comfortable suspension tuning make this car truly special. You have to know how to drive to let this car's brilliance shine through- there is nothing like it. Drove it through the Tail of the Dragon (US 129) and the car is made for it; StIs couldn't keep up, it is sheer brilliance when driven hard.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda RX-8 Coupe in VA is:

$178 per month*