2009 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Oiled Out!

2009 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Automatic)

Oiled Out!
By Disgusted In FL on

2009 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)

My experience owning this vehicle has its ups and downs. On the down side, the car burns too much oil. After an oil change, the oil light comes on 1000 miles into the oil change. I was told this was normal by the dealership on two occasions when I took it in for service. They told me to "add oil" to it and it would be fine until the next oil change. I have had more oil changes on this car in the one year that I've owned it. This car is too overpriced for what you get.

The car is sporty. I like the rotary engine, as well as the back doors that open out.

Lower the price. Improve the situation with the car burning too much oil. No one should have to add oil to a new car!
By bj47
on 03/09/14 09:01 AM (PDT)

I realize that this is a 4yr old post, but if you had actually done some reasearch BEFORE buying a vehicle with a Rotary engine, you'd have known that they burn oil by design.

By mementomori
on 04/06/14 18:05 PM (PDT)

Read your owner's manual, dude. It will tell you that the engine is DESIGNED TO CONSUME OIL. Jeez.