Pure Driving Machine
By Oleboy on
2009 Mazda RX-8 RX-8 R3 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)
This car is excellent for people familiar with rotory engines. Knowing up front that the car needs the oil checked every fillup and let it run for at least five minutes before you turn it off. That is really the only obligations you have from regular cars,that I am aware of. This is no problem for me. The sound and unique. The car is not lightening quick but is very fast once to speed. Handling is a dream,at any speed. Nice leather seats and all the stuff that comes in a loaded vehicle. It has a great warranty and the redesigned rotory eliminates the problems (internal leaks) from 04 to 06. It drives great. Get brocure from dealure and test drive one,thats the best way to decide on any car.
Favorite Features
Steering and shifting is spot on. Also I like sitting very low to the ground once inside. The touring and R3 have advanced keyless operation on all locks and ignition.
Suggested Improvements
I really think Mazda should put oil cooler screens on these cars at the factory. One rock or peice of metal when on the interstate could easily puncture one of them and all oil will flow out of the system. Would add maybe $30.00 to cost of car. I will have to do this myself.