2009 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned or dr

2009 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Best car I've ever owned or driven.
By driverlife on

2009 Mazda RX-8 RX-8 R3 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Very much improved over older RX-8s I have never owned a car that is this much fun to drive. The cars turn in ability and grip is extreme. Sometimes its hard to live with because the suspension is so stiff. But its been my daily driver and weekend warrior for more than 3 years now. I always get looks in this car. The interior is really upscale with piano black center pieces. and aluminum inserts. It's much faster than the other cars I've owned: 98 Oldsmobile Aurora V8, 03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I also currently own a 2006 civic si that is also sporty and more forgiving on the back. Its not as fast as the RX-8 and no where near the RX-8 in handling prowess.

1.3L rotary engine has a smooth high rpm redline (9000 rpm) and are hand built. There are interior accent lights on the doors that shine down on the buttons. Hids. Gunmetal 19' wheels. Stock body kit and bilstein shocks give it an incredible stance. Seats are stiff but comfortable due to there premium materials.

It uses a lot of fuel. Its rated at 16city/22highway. I usually average 15mpg with mixed driving. In future RX models they need to improve the power and fuel economy.