2008 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Beep at 9k

2008 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Beep at 9k
By L8R on

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I've had my 2004 GT MT, putting 18k miles the 1st year, and about 3k a year since. I love it. It's nimble, quick in the power band, very responsive, hugs corners like a bear, shifts like butter, plenty of space for 4 regular size adults. Acceleration from 40 to 140 is quick in the power band and the shifter is faultless. Have not had 1 mechanical failure and I used to drive it hard. Windows down and sunroof up driving provides little wind disruption inside (although also prevents a good breeze in S Florida Temps). The stereo is excellent with good features and good sound production. The weight distribution and tossability of the car excels compared to any other vehicle costing less than 50k.

Favorite Features

Shifter. Power band acceleration at speed. Cornering and road handling. Interior design and features. 4 seats. Screams like a banshee UFO at 9k rpm. The beep it makes when you hit redline.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo or 3 rotor version. iPod jack (fixed). Should have special compartment in trunk for quarts of oil. Range on 1 tank of fuel. Lower the RPM of highway cruising in 6th gear.