Taking it all in
By OCDaddy1958 on
2008 Mazda RX-8 Sport 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)
To be sure there are many vehicles out there that can provide exhilaration, but perhaps none at this price. I guess I dare not even put out there what I paid for this base model, but let's just say my 401K is still in tact. Something important here about the RX-8: The engine in the base unit is identical to leather upholstered top end unit, and without the constraints of a traction control system. This is sheer joy as you corner like a thoroughbred, for a pony-ride price. I bought this as gas was going through the roof, and made a steal, and now that gas is reasonable, I'm having WAY to much fun for my age, but I try to control my enthusiasm when the wife and kids are on board.
Favorite Features
This nimble beast has handling almost like the go-kart you drove as a kid. It's so phenomenal, you'll want a license frame telling others around you to "relax, it was only a lane change". To be sure, driving it IS the best feature. You'll go around traffic on the hwy like they're driving cones.
Suggested Improvements
Even the gas mileage isn't that bad - get your mind away from the engine displacement (1.3L) because it means nothing - it has the same power and gas mileage as the mustang 4.0L six, and WAY better handling since unlike the 'stang with all the weight up front, an RX-8 is true 50/50 weight distributn