2008 Mazda RX-8 1.3L 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Owned 2 years 70k miles.

2008 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Owned 2 years 70k miles.
By tyoung85 on

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned my 2005 Mazda RX-8 for two years now and it is currently at 70k miles, I must say the car is an eye catcher, and very fun to drive if you don't mind a slight hesitation in acceleration! On the other hand, with the higher mileage it is falling apart, it seems everytime I go down the road I end up putting it in the shop before the week is over! First it needed plugs, but because one fouled it killed my coils, which killed my air injection....then the idle pulley failed and snapped a belt, which snapped another belt immediately after, tail lights full of water... the list goes on, all in all they are fun til they start their downhill march, then get rid of it!!

Favorite Features

Favorite features have to be the curve hugging, G-force cranking, fast shifting, high revving performance when it's running smooth and nimble in its best of days!

Suggested Improvements

Back your warranties better Mazda, also use better quality interior design as well as higher quality components under the hood to reduce this terrible issue of unreliability in higher mileage!