2008 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Owned 2 years 70k miles.
By tyoung85 on 04/12/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned my 2005 Mazda RX-8 for two years now and it is currently at 70k miles, I must say the car is an eye catcher, and very fun to drive if you don't mind a slight hesitation in acceleration! On the other hand, with the higher mileage it is falling apart, it seems everytime I go down the road I end up putting it in the shop before the week is over! First it needed plugs, but because one fouled it killed my coils, which killed my air injection....then the idle pulley failed and snapped a belt, which snapped another belt immediately after, tail lights full of water... the list goes on, all in all they are fun til they start their downhill march, then get rid of it!!

2 years review
By robrc51 on 06/22/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned my RX8 now for 2 years. Overall the car is not a bad car. As a sports car I would rate the car, average. It does handle great on curvy roads but the rotary engine lacks torque. In order to accelerate you really have to rev the engine into high RPMs. The rotary engine also is terrible in gas mileage. It get between 15-19mpg….even my old V8 Corvette and Mustang got better gas mileage then the Rotary engine. In addition the rotary engine burns lots of oil. I generally fill between ½ to 1 quart each tank fill. The interior is outdated and could use a face lift.

Neck Breaker
By Ceejaayxx on 03/21/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love taking this car to the canyons. You could really feel the 50/50 balance of the rx-8 there. The cornering is perfect and the stock suspension is so beasty for stock. It looks and feels great. It can seat 4 people and it's 4 door! This car is hard to not fall in love with.

Beep at 9k
By L8R on 01/08/09 13:38 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I've had my 2004 GT MT, putting 18k miles the 1st year, and about 3k a year since. I love it. It's nimble, quick in the power band, very responsive, hugs corners like a bear, shifts like butter, plenty of space for 4 regular size adults. Acceleration from 40 to 140 is quick in the power band and the shifter is faultless. Have not had 1 mechanical failure and I used to drive it hard. Windows down and sunroof up driving provides little wind disruption inside (although also prevents a good breeze in S Florida Temps). The stereo is excellent with good features and good sound production. The weight distribution and tossability of the car excels compared to any other vehicle costing less than 50k.

RX-8
By Steve on 07/05/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have now owned this vehicle about a month. The handling is one of the best features of this vehicle. The acceleration and tracking in corners is way above what I expected. I am currently getting around 18 MPG city driving. I am a 49 year old adult and would highly recommend this vehicle

Dream Machine
By JB on 03/09/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Forget about the bad gas mileage reviews, who buys a sports car with great gas mileage in mind anyhow. This car takes corners like the tires and street are velcro counterparts. The interior is as cool looking as the exterior and incredibly comfortable seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.