2007 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
RX-8
By cody87hoke on 04/08/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my car, I just got it 4 weeks ago after I got out of airborne, and it's awesome. The interior is really sport, the Bose sound system is awesome in it, its pretty quick for such a small motor, for the money you can't beat it.

A blast to drive
By Doug on 06/16/09 03:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my RX-8! It is simply a blast to drive everyday. What the rotary engine lacks in low end torque it makes up for with a high revving engine that sounds wonderful. The interior is great - sight lines are excellent and quality is high. It is a very livable car for daily driving, and the rear doors make it quite practical for a sports car. However, if gas mileage is important, this is probably not the car for you.

Great Little Car
By Basketvol on 01/22/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Great car! Excellent handling. Fun to drive. No problems after one year. Good price for value. If you want a reasonably priced sports car, you can't go wrong with this car.

A great car looking for a great engine
By JimW on 03/02/08 11:35 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love everything about the car-looks, handling EXCEPT the total, absolute, complete (get the picture) lack of torque. You really have to beat it with a stick to get it moving. I should have got a V8!

Mazda's best kept secret
By mark on 09/27/07 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Four months and 6000 miles into my ownership experience and no issues. I still look forward to every drive. Max. mpg was 19.8 with a minimum of 15.8 on first tank fill, average is about 18 in mixed driving. Low rpm shifts and slower highway speeds should yield about 20 mpg. Torque is low compared to larger displacement 6 and 8 cylinder engines, but comparable to other small naturally aspirated engines such as honda's s2000 and civic si, both of which also have larger displacements. Power builds steadily all the way to its 9000 rpm readline. Handling is very secure, composed and predictable even at its limit. Distinctive styling, inspiring performance, comfortable ride and seating for 4 adults.

2 RX8s
By 2 RX8 on 06/08/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Owned 2005 and 2007. Greatly improved clutch and nice advanced keyless. Car handles amazingly on track. All owners need to drive on a lap track to appreciate handling of vehicle.

RX-8 - a Family Rocket on Wheels
By P.C.H. Cruiser on 05/23/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

With the wife's permission I went looking for a Miata to replace our 2003 Sequoia. Saw the RX-8, drove it, got it sideways on a suburban, could not stop laughing, went back and bought the car. The only problem is I can't get my wife out from behind the wheel and now must go back and buy her the Miata!! The fuel economy is awful but everything else is wonderful. For a family of three it makes a great family sedan that can carve corners while it goes to the grocery store. It's shiny black form reminds us of the Batmobile and, between it's shape and the angry shriek it makes as it runs up to 9,000 RPMs, it turns heads where ever it goes. BUY IT !!!

Mazda RX8
By mablest on 04/29/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I wanted an RX7 my entire life so when they came back out with the 8 I was quick to snatch one up. I didn't test drive any other sports cars, I just purchased an RX8. I find that it doesn't have the pick up that the RX7 had but it's still fun to drive and the fact that I can haul my children around and still have a sports car is just icing on the cake!

A hi-tech car
By d2honeyz on 02/03/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Excellent, fun car, the only thing is the cup holders are in a bad place and the heated seat buttons get pushed on and off by mistake a lot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.