Used 2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:

mazda rx8
By renata4u

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have had a Mazda rx8 2004 which i named Christine since it wanted to kill me. I had to get a Lawyer to have them replace it. Now i have a 2007 rx8 and as the other one right at 26k miles all the emergency lights are on the dashboard and yes it is starting all over again. Jim Click does not stand behind the cars he sells and Mazda does not either unless there are Lawyers involved. Am I getting scared that this car will end up killing me ...yes I am.

Loving the rx8 in St. Louis!
By Kris

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I got a great deal on this car after about 2 years of research. I read everything on the oil consumption, oil weight discussion, and common problems of the vehicle. I've found that the 2007 has ironed out most of these problems and I'm having a BLAST driving it! I walk out to the garage still expecting to see my rusted out s10 I upgraded from, just to fall in love with it all over again. I have the same problems with the heated seats buttons and accidentally turning them off, the cupholders in the front are poorly placed and rarely useful because of this, but other than that, I'm pumped. It handles the STL winters no problem too.

Styling, Sound System, Rotary Engine RPM's, Short throw gear box, Touring package on the whole, and seating for 4 adults.

Fuel economy (but c'mon, it is a sports car), heated seats buttons, cup holder placements.

Looks like it is going 100mph at a stop
By Rex8it

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This is a great car! The power of this car is amazing when the revs are high. Over all i havn't had it into service at all. I change the oil myself and have run octane boost through it once to clean it out and it has been nothing but reliable. The paint does seem to chip easy though which stinks since the look is my favorite part of the car. The gas mileage could be better.

Looks faster then it is (someday it will be faster then it looks ;-) sound of the engine. Feel of the steering (you can throw this thing through corners!) with traction control off it just flows around corners powersliding!

3 rotor twin turbo (20b turbo Renesis!?!?!?!?) drilled/sloted brakes? carbon trim inside? Better paint quality. It chips really easy. I bought a bra for it which I said i would never do but it's going to cost me $200 to get it rubbed out when I take it out in the spring and I can't be paying that.

Family rotory rocket!
By Rex8it

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Two weeks after I bought the car my wife found out we are having a baby! I'm glad I didn't get that Z4! The car has been great over the past 3 months. I have never had it in the shop and it eats corners. My friend races on the track and he was very impressed with the stock handling. Brakes are good and man have I needed them. The steering response and feel is amazing. I love how light and nimble it feels. And what can you say about the engine! It sounds great and has great pep at the high revs. When you are up around 6,500 rpm the thing moves! Not so great at low rpm though. I have to say that the only reason i didn't give it all 10s is because it is not an exotic and I want one!

Rotory engine! 4 doors! Handling! The fact that I can race it (once the warranty is up).

Better gas mileage without giving up any power. Bump up the horsepower! How 'bout bringing back the twin turbo 3 rotor:- ) I'm thinking of putting one in down the road but would love not to have to.