2007 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
mazda rx8
By renata4u on 02/01/11 16:27 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have had a Mazda rx8 2004 which i named Christine since it wanted to kill me. I had to get a Lawyer to have them replace it. Now i have a 2007 rx8 and as the other one right at 26k miles all the emergency lights are on the dashboard and yes it is starting all over again. Jim Click does not stand behind the cars he sells and Mazda does not either unless there are Lawyers involved. Am I getting scared that this car will end up killing me ...yes I am.

Great car.
By Jamesvk on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Sport 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)

Well, this is my first car. I bought it about 6 months ago, and couldn't be happier. I did a lot of research about it, and found all these horror stories. But I have yet to have single problem with this car, and I am the second owner. This car gets the looks and the talk, and the performance to match. I will admit, this car is no dragster, thats not how it's designed. But the feeling of attacking every corner with unmatched precision is, just that. unmatched. These stories of flooded engines and bad seal are only if your ignorant. Check the oil, and don't floor it out of the driveway on a icy morning, and it will be fine. If you get this car, get the manual, for it has a 9k RPM red-line. :D

RX-8
By cody87hoke on 04/08/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my car, I just got it 4 weeks ago after I got out of airborne, and it's awesome. The interior is really sport, the Bose sound system is awesome in it, its pretty quick for such a small motor, for the money you can't beat it.

Loving the rx8 in St. Louis!
By Kris on 12/29/09 11:37 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I got a great deal on this car after about 2 years of research. I read everything on the oil consumption, oil weight discussion, and common problems of the vehicle. I've found that the 2007 has ironed out most of these problems and I'm having a BLAST driving it! I walk out to the garage still expecting to see my rusted out s10 I upgraded from, just to fall in love with it all over again. I have the same problems with the heated seats buttons and accidentally turning them off, the cupholders in the front are poorly placed and rarely useful because of this, but other than that, I'm pumped. It handles the STL winters no problem too.

The Practical Sports Car
By Gripen on 12/11/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Sport 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Bought this car used w/ 7500mi. The car, as of this writing, has just over 20k miles. Have not had any reason to take the car in for unscheduled visits to a mechanic. Best fuel mileage was 24.63mpg doing a constant 75mph on the freeway the day after I purchased the vehicle. Daily commuting in traffic has resulted in 16-17mpg six months later. Requires more attention on maintenance (checking oil level every other fill-up, premix to preserve apex seals, spark plug replacement should be more frequent than manufacturer's specification) compared to other vehicles in its class. Regardless of this and the abysmal fuel mileage, I have enjoyed my purchase. A very willing dance partner on a good road.

A blast to drive
By Doug on 06/16/09 03:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my RX-8! It is simply a blast to drive everyday. What the rotary engine lacks in low end torque it makes up for with a high revving engine that sounds wonderful. The interior is great - sight lines are excellent and quality is high. It is a very livable car for daily driving, and the rear doors make it quite practical for a sports car. However, if gas mileage is important, this is probably not the car for you.

Great Little Car
By Basketvol on 01/22/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Great car! Excellent handling. Fun to drive. No problems after one year. Good price for value. If you want a reasonably priced sports car, you can't go wrong with this car.

Great Car!
By Bradford Hager on 04/11/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Sport 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I simply love this car! You only get about 250 miles on a tank of gas. (14 gals.) That is the only draw back. I have driven it from Palm Springs to Oak Harbor, Wa. and back effortlessly. The car drives itself.

Love it!
By Branz on 03/24/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)

I've had this vehicle nine months now and still get compliments like it's brand new. I travel for work and have put 21000 miles on it already and only had to take it in once to get the catalytic converter replaced. It handles so great at high speeds. So glad I got this sports car and also happy that I got one that's loaded. Took a sneak peek at the 2009 model and may upgrade in another year - they're only gettin' better!

Practical Sports Car
By new mazda lover on 03/05/08 22:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda RX-8 Sport 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)

I looove my RX8. It seats 4 adults and it so fun to drive. This is my first Mazda and I regret not buying this car sooner. It's worth every penny!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.