Way under-rated auto/Fun to drive car!
By De Groot on
2006 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)
This is my 6th car, 5th brand new car. I had to give up a manual, knee problems, and give up a car I just loved, an Infiniti G20 1996. I wanted something that would be different so I wouldn't compare, something fun so I wouldn't miss the G20. Ha! I got it! This car is fun enjoyment. And it's a car I fit into. I never thought it would accommodate my 6'4" frame. You feel the road and it really hugs the road. At highway speeds it's as smooth a ride as the G20. The handling is sure and real responsive. My favorite stretch of Highway 1 was no disappointment with this car, handling the switchback and tight curves with a sure footing. This car seems capable to give more than it is asked to give.
Favorite Features
I wish I could drive the manual. This car is meant to be a stick, alas I can't be that driver. The sound of the rotary engine as it smoothly purrs. The quiet, seductive wonderful looks of a car that has a surprising amount of room. The engine that just wants to keep giving the more you ask of it.
Suggested Improvements
The RX-8 is a wonderful merge of power and design. A bit more head room. I am still amazed I fit, but on large road bumps my head can bump the roof. A higher center console for more storage space, power rear windows. The change I think you really need to do is a bigger gas tank. An amazing car!