2006 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: This is different.

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Review

This is different.
By buteman on

2006 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6A)

I honestly could not see myself in one of these cars, but I'm really enjoying the experience. Perhaps with just buying this lovely car I'm not quite qualified to offer an opinion but here is my initial impressions. I was fortunate to find a low mileage ( 25k,in kilometers ) GT model with the luxury package and automatic ( wife needs auto. ) We took it for a good run on a winding highway,,,,wow, it has more than enough power for me ( I'm 64 ) the handling was great, the paddle shifters are great fun, so smooth a ride. The interior is so luxurious and very comfortable, oh sure it sucked some fuel but that is a known fact with this car and that's the price you pay,,no big deal. Nice car !!

Favorite Features

It's just so much fun to drive. Paddle shifters two thumbs up there. The interior at nightime, the drivers information center.

Suggested Improvements

I won't really comment on the high fuel consumption, if you need better fuel mileage buy something else. The only negative item I found was the blindspot, so take care when changing lanes.