2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
The 8 is enough
By late8 on 05/30/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I just purchased the RX-8 in mid-May and I have already logged over 1000 miles and the handling of this car gets better as each mile clicks away. I didn't buy this car for torque and the gas mileage so far is slightly below average but the trade offs are great. Smooth revving engine, high powerband and very unique lines for the body style. The car handles great on tight corners.

FUN - FUN ZOOM - ZOOM
By ?? on 05/05/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned my RX-8 for exactly one month. I know, not enough time to have a unbiased opinion yet...but I will say that this car is the most fun vehicle I have ever driven. The interior is very sharp and all the controls and design are very well put together.

Almost Dream Car
By dynamho on 05/05/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The sheet metal of this car is definitely a matter of taste. Anything passionately designed is bound to have its critics. Whether it's beautiful or ugly, one certainty is that it turns heads all the time. I have two kids and they are perfectly comfortable in the rear seats. We have another "blue jeans" car for all the hauling. However, this car is fine for 80% of everyday duties. Handling is extremely forgiving. It's easy to drive fast. The engine needs a little more attention than a regular piston engine, but treat is right and it will reward you with many grins. Critics complain about the lack of torque. But, the torque is spread over a wider powerband, making it less temperamental.

Nice car, terrible dealers and service
By denverrx8 on 04/26/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I've owned my RX-8 for just over a year. I love almost everything about the car, except for the fact that it's a Mazda. The car has spend over a month in the shop, mainly due to dealers that don't know anything about the car. The car now has a power problem where it loses power after driving, and 2 different dealers have failed at repairing it, and now they're charging me for diagnosis and rentals, even though they've duplicated the problem. Mazda is no help, the car is a lemon, and they wont stand behind it. I've even filmed the problem for them, and they still say it doesn't happen! Bottom line. Great car, terrible car company, this will absolutely be my last Mazda. Don't buy Mazda!

2004 RX-8
By RXG8r on 04/03/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The RX-8 is an extremely fun car to drive, with impeccable handling/cornering ability and a 9000 RPM redline. It's not quite as torquey as I would like, but that's not exactly what rotary motors are known for anyway. The only thing that would make this car better would be an additional 80 ft/lb of torque and 30 hp, nothing a turbo can't solve!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.