2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: zoom zoom needs more vroom vro

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Manual Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Manual)

zoom zoom needs more vroom vroom
By bsilly on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This was my first purchase of a "sports" car. The exterior styling was the deciding factor when comparing it with other vehicles for me. To me it is the best looking car on the road. I am happy with the RX8 for the amount of money spent, but would be happier if this car moved faster. In middle gears and at 55 to 60 it just doesn't move as I expected it would. Zoom zoom needs more vroom vroom in my opinion.

Exterior design and the titanium gray color. The interior lighting is neat. The 4 door design is nice and saves money on insurance. This is a plus as my two children can get in and out easily and there is plenty of backseat room for them or an adult. Very impressive for the size of this vehicle.

This car needs to be faster in straight line speed and it needs to have better responsiveness for passing power. Ease of getting in and out for the driver needs to be improved also.