RX8 value is the best
By bsilly on
2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)
I purchased my RX8 in December after doing extensive research. The RX8 is the best value in the coupe category. It is the most distinctive car on the road and performs admirably. The true cost to own is better than the new Ford Mustang and I feel the RX8 is flat out more reliable than the Nissan 350Z. Plus it comfortably accommodates 4 people (unlike the new Mustang which has virtually unusable rear seating). Unless you want to reduce to a 2 seater and pay $20,000 more for similar coupe styling that the new Corvette offers, the RX8 is the best option. $20K in price difference can buy me this RX8 and a new Mazda 3s for my wife! The only real cometitor is the Infiniti G35,
Favorite Features
Exterior styling sets this car apart from every other on the road within its price and performance range. I like the sound of the rotary engine. Manual transmission is flawless. Titanium gray metallic paint is eye catching. Interior lighting is great.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to have a faster car from 0 to 60 and feel like I am being pinned to the seat, but I am satisfied with the driving experience the car offers. Fuel economy is not bad. Keep in mind when reading negative comments about fuel economy (Corvette gets 18, Mustang 18 too), it is a sports car.