2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: RX-8, Most fun car for the mon

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

RX-8, Most fun car for the money
By Chris on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have been a fan of the old RX-7s since my youth so as soon as the divorce was final; it was time to trade in the Tundra for a loaded RX-8. I have owned many vehicles and this one by far takes the cake. I have never driven a more fun peppy car in all my days. The way it takes corners and accelerates on to the highways is a thing of beauty. The 9000 RPM redline is a dream and going over 80 miles an hour in 3rd is quite a feat.

The GPS is great for all sorts of things, ie. finding restaurants, golf courses, and gas stations. I like that is displays the phone numbers as well. It also goes without saying; speed and handling are among my favorite attributes.

Fuel economy is horrid, no real surprise here, but when added to the cost of premium gas (required), it gets pricey. This may also sound dumb but the cup holder in the front is in a very awkward place and makes driving with a soda tricky sometimes.