2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Original Owner for 3 years

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Original Owner for 3 years
By SpookiusMortem on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I purchased this vehicle new 3 years ago this month. This is the only car I have ever owned where after 3 years of ownership, I still have that new car excitement about it. I doubt I will ever part with this car and hope it will become a classic. I live in an urban environment and get a good mix of metropolitan and highway driving. Driving an RX-8 in the city is a blast. Its nimbleness and cornering ability make it capable of getting places fast. My favorite thing about driving this car is being able to fly around a corner, and if you feel is start to slip, goosing the throttle a little and feel it grip through the turn as if it were on rails.

Favorite Features

Interior. 50-50 weight distribution. Suicide doors. No center pillar between front and rear door. Did I mention the interior? Lots of trunk space (though the opening is small). Handling! Cornering! Very forgiving at its limits. Oh, and before I forget...the interior :)

Suggested Improvements

Better quality paint job needed. It chips super easily. Same goes for the windshield, it's already so pitted I am considering replacing it. But those to items are the ONLY quality problems I have had with this car. More torque please!