2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Lot of engine for a little car

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Manual Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Manual)

Lot of engine for a little car
By victor on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I've had my RX8 for three years, and I still get comments about it every now and then. It's a unique car, considering the rotary engine. Let me start there: The rotary has a great range, getting up to 8,000 rpm. It really starts to sing once you get above 4k. You can tell Mazda's engineers spent most of their time and money on the engine. Inside, you get most of the typical features for this kind of car. The gauges look really cool, but that's really the only thing inside that was engineered. The backseat is comfortable enough, and surprisingly roomy with the four doors. This car is a blast to drive, but it can be a rough ride, especially with the Bridgestone OEM tires. Somewhat rattly.

Engine, Xenon headlights are great, four door design (only if you look closely!)

I hear a lot of rattles in this car, and they started around 20,000 miles. Part of it is the short wheelbase and summer OEM tires give you a rough ride, but you can hear rattles coming from behind the dash whenever you hit a bump. No big deal if you have the engine revved! :)