2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: I love this car

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

I love this car
By AL on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

This car is exceptionally engineered, from the engine, to the handling performance, all all the way down to the little japanese gadget goodies you find after you drive it off the lot. I have all sport packages including GT, and when I get a new air filter and high flow intake filter case, I should get the gas mileage I need to make this a bit more economical. Without shifting past the engine cutoff (AT at 7500), 1st gear hits about 60mph, 2nd hits 88mph, and 3rd is around 108mp. Not bad for an AT.

This car looks wicked sexy. Paddle shifters on teh steering wheel rule. Drives like a dream and seats four. I like my power band kicking in when other drivers have already shifted into 3rd I'm going into 2nd gear. Bose sound system gets louder when you go faster, how cool is that?

Drink holder interferes with drivers shifting elbow. Power passenger seat should come with power driver seat. Bose CD player does not like bumps. Do NOT shut this engine off cold, or whithout revving to 3000rpm and letting it return to idle. You will eventually get detonation or starting problems.