2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Exciting Machine

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Review

Exciting Machine
By Chris on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I bought my car as a left over model so it was still brand new but with a nice discount. That and the style were initially my main reasons for purchasing the car. I would say I'm glad the pieces came together the way they did. I have owned 20 cars and 1 motorcycle and I'm only 30, and this vehicle is one of the most fun I have driven. One downfall was it didn't start out as fast as I would have liked but with a few minor upgrades the motor woke up a lot and it is now as fast as a 2008 Mustang GT 5 speed but handles 10 times better. Tests have been done with a stock RX-8 vs a 350z which is a faster car, the RX-8 matched the 350z's track time because the handling was superb to the quicker car.

The high revving motor and 6 speed transmission, rear wheel drive, sexy style that woman love, very tight responsive steering, and of course the comfortable ride while still having excellent handling.

A turbo of course, even if just with a mild 5 psi of boost.