2005 Mazda RX-8 1.3L 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Driving in 7th Heaven

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Driving in 7th Heaven
By Paul in DC on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Just picked up my RX-8 this week; 6 speed, GT pkg, Nav system. The funnest car I ever owned was a Triumph Spitfire - until now! The RX-8 drives like a dream - all the power I need. Well behaved in stop & go rush hour traffic, and moves like a bat outa hell on the open road. It has so many features it borders on decadent. It takes a while just to learn how to use all this stuff. The stares it gets are satisfying too. Like any car, the shifter takes some time to adjust to, as does the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I think the Nav system will become on of those things that's so useful I'll wonder how I ever lived without it. It's a great sports car with power and style.

Favorite Features

Handling and cornering is unsurpassed. Steering is tight. You can't 'ride' this car - you have to DRIVE it. The styling and interior comfort are a wonderful. Keep the turbo - this is all the power I'll ever need. Gas mileage is like a V-8; you have to pay for your fun. :-)

Suggested Improvements

Inside rear-view mirror too low. Heater is a little weak. Rear visibility not the best. Nav system needs better directions.