2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Caveat emptor

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Caveat emptor
By Deaun on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Let the buyer beware, indeed! This is my daily driver, plenty of miles, over 53,000 in 22 months. Comfortable and a pleasure to drive, but fixes are a pain (towing, tires are non-standard, weeks at a dealership, and worse once the warrenty expired). Gas mileage and cup holder complaints are valid. Tail light seals are faulty. Many rattles from underneath - try wire (metal) ties - and inside (super glue?). I traded my Miata for this? Am searching for my next car right now. Very disappointed in the quality and/or reliability of the RX8 after spending the time to locate my dream car.

Heated seats, dimming rear view mirror, heated mirrors, Bose system, moon roof, being ogled by strangers, holds the curves, passes the slow guys, and satisfies the wild child inside me. NO top end!! Love the trunk space. Adore the suicide doors. Shape - the final frontier.

Fix the tail light seals,the "cone" in the steering column so the alarm won't keep setting off unexpectedly, the flooding problem (if you don't warm it up before shutting it off), and the heater control unit's problem.