2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Best in class

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Best in class
By bsillaman on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

After researching G35 coupe, and 350Z, I chose the RX8. Functional for my family of 4, but sporty. By far the best value for the money in the group. I rated the gas mileage an 8 because compared to other cars with similar performance it still gets good gas mileage. It is unfair to give it poor marks by comparing it to a compact car's gas mileage. This car is fun to drive but you really need to get the upper end of the rpm's to attain a level of satisfaction. If 0 to 60 is what you are looking for, then this is not the car for you. It is a true great sports car when taking into account the incredible and I mean incredible handling and feel. The manual trans. is a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and interior lighting. I also like the Titanium Gray paint color. It garners a lot of looks from other drivers..even drivers of other sports cars. This car's styling are unmistakeable.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a little faster car off the start. I would also like to see some upgrades or changes to the interior design as far as the layout of the dash. I think it could be more modern looking with a more advanced "cockpit" feel. I would also like to see a color change in the interior lighting.