2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Zoom Zoom Fun
By nuneswa on 04/21/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I've had my RX-8 almost 2 years now. I liked the cornering and the thrust at high revs compared to the competition and I thought the interior was superior as well (besides the location of the cup holder, bad place). My friends do not mind riding in the back and they get a kick of the back doors. The RX-8 really sticks to the road on hair pin corners and switch backs. For about 10 miles my drive to work is full of hair pins and switch backs. This car helps me look forward to getting to work. I love to drive, and this car satisfies me.

More problems than its worth
By Ron on 02/03/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have tried to like this car. Looks great. However have had many problems. Replaced both headlight assembly and taillight assembly for moisture problems. Front end, exhaust, brakes have been worked on. Replaced motor mounts, spark plugs, and now transmission. Still have a tapping noise in the engine when in gear. Lots of road noise. Tired of taking it to the dealership. Had a 1993 Mustang that gave me less trouble.

I love this car
By Marcia W on 01/29/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Traded in a Miata for this car with no regrets so far. I love the interior and titanium grey color. I love the suicide doors where I can put my bags. The back seats are comfy too.

From Acura to Mazda
By Love4Rotors on 01/26/07 22:26 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

When I traded in my RSX type-S I thought I would regret it, but I love my RX-8, recalls and all. Yes, it has bad mpg and has to be wound up to move but it is a sports car I that is what one should expect. This is the best ride of any sports car for the money. I only drive back and forth from work with the rare trip out of town, but this car always makes it enjoyable, even though it takes it longer to warm up than drive to work. I would suggest this car to anyone who is looking for more than basic transportation. This is a very enjoyable car that can easily be your only car.

Better than ever
By JS on 01/17/07 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Love the acceleration especially on LA freeways, and it's roomy enough for four, and can load it up with lots of bags, boxes or groceries with the convenient four doors. Its performance, handling and reliability have been excellent. I haven't had to do any maintenance like adding oil or anything else. It's fun and easy to drive.

Great Car
By RX8 on 01/05/07 05:19 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Great all round car! Recommend for anyone who wants a good car that handles and looks great or as a second vehicle for the family man/woman. Very fun to drive. Only wish it had better gas mileage ( I get 17 city and 20.5 hwy) and even though it is quick, just a bit more torque would be needed if you like to have low 0-60 times.

Performance and Design beats MPG
By piston to rotary on 12/01/06 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Love the looks and performance of this automobile. Interior accommodations are very nice and high quality. I have been looking at these autos for the last three years and finally took the plunge and found a low mileage 05. Prices appear to be falling and the car doesn't appear to have the residual that I thought it would, Seems folks might have been scared off by the less than ideal mpg and high octane requirements. All in all this is an excellent vehicle that performs beautifully, looks outstanding, handles like a slot car and has good Japanese quality.

zoom zoom fun
By eh2003 on 11/23/06 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I really love to drive this car and drive it fast. It will hit turns harder than a sport bike and ask for more. I don't like the gas mileage which is 18mpg if I run the heck out of it and 21 if I don't. This could be the perfect sports car if it had a healthy torque boost on the low end. Other than that it is really a blast to drive.

RX-8 Rocks
By BOP on 11/16/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The RX-8 is a great car on the curves and is really fun to drive, the main complaint is the amount of torque (too little) and the gas mileage is terrible (I get 16.5 mpg), but besides those 2 issues I wouldn't change it.

Mazda in Waco, TX
By Greta Texas on 11/15/06 00:43 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I just bought my dream car. Never thought I'd own a sports car and now I do. The RX-8 is sporty yet is also has a backseat, four doors, and a trunk to hold groceries. I love it!