2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: 2nd To NONE

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda RX-8

Manual Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Manual)

2nd To NONE
By 2rx8 on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

My first RX8 was totaled in an accident (hit by red light run side driver door impact). Fire/EMT said side airbag saved serious head injury if not my life. When seeking replacement car I didn't hesitate to get another RX8. I've not been disappointed in the past 6 years and don't want to part with my RX8. Previously had RX7 and had problems with restart on cold engine, but never with my 2005. The only thing I've had to replace is the battery and tires. Love this car! And I have a Viper so I have real comparative performance. Not that the RX8 is anywhere near a Viper, but when I don't drive the Viper I don't at all mind my RX8.

Appearance (inside and out), performance, acceleration (2nd gear and beyond).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tw_direwolf
on 05/05/13 09:35 AM (PDT)

I agree I have the Grand Touring Model. About to start seeing what I can do to make the car lighter, more aerodynamic and overall improve its fuel economy through tuning. I love my car but it has its quirks. Still hate the fact that the previous owner (bought it used) put a borla high flow exhaust on it and left the factory injectors, fuel pump and air filter. Nothing else modied on it besides the rims (again, previous owner). Heavier than factory but can help carry it on a highway, sucks for the city driving though.