2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: 2005 Grand Touring Automatic

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Manual Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Manual)

2005 Grand Touring Automatic
By kifs on

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I sort of inherited this car with 2800 miles on it from a former Ford exec and I have the automatic with paddle shifters. The car is a hoot to drive fast and the only trouble I have had was a trim issue in the interior and the spring in the filler door. My car runs great, gets 16-18 mpg in town and 20 mpg on the road, with about 1000 mi per quart of oil. It's tight as a drum but only has 16000 miles since this is my second car and I only drive it from Apr-Nov. My dealer experience was underwhelming on the engine recall - what a bunch of clods - but so far just maintenance and cleaning. I keep waiting for the problems, but I really like the car.

Overall appearance, front seat comfort, sound system.

Cup holder, interior storage, dipstick and oil filter location, exhaust heat permeating the console and trunk floor, provide hook for gas cap dangle, ditch the monster key fob and make car compatible to remote start system(s), add compass without nav.