Used 2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:

Great Car
By Fun to Drive by Bob

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive. We did a test drive 6 months before we bought and fell in love with the car. It handles like a dream and is too fast for local streets. The car takes every corner with no problems and puts you back in the seat with each gear. I love it. Gas mileage is what is expected from a sports car. Did I tell you it goes really really fast. WOW!

We got the Snow White Pearl finish. It looks so sharp.

Nothing. I got the car fully loaded and it has everything I have ever wanted in a sports car. It is my dream car.

Love My Rx8
By tecatemn

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned this car now for over six months. I have had only a couple of issues with it such as the center console, replaced once, seems very fragile. Also had a clip replace on the front spoiler. The car drives great very responsive with excellent steering. Not a powerhouse but by no means a weakling.

Handling, steering & cornering, looks.

More torque, better gas mileage, & oil consumption.

pretty darn good
By jrod64

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Great nicely fast and handles like a dream. A little idle shake but anything over 1000rpm it's silky smooth.

Everything; I guess I'm a Mazda guy.

Forced induction.

Fun to drive
By Dave

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I absolutely love my RX-8. It is so fun to drive and get those RPMs up. Gas mileage isn't great and it is horrible in the snow, but it is worth it.

The gas pedal.

Fun Car
By mark

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I traded in a Maxima SE for this car because I wanted something fun to drive. The RX8 delivers in the fun department. Enough can't be said about the 50/50 weight distribution and the rotary power curve. It is not the most practical car, however, having low gas mileage and limited cargo space. As with any car in this category, consider that you may need a second car/truck to accompany this very fun vehicle.

Turning and accelerating - pushing the G's to the limit - just be careful not to make your passengers sick. Suicide doors are nice. You can carry a lot more in this car than you might think. It's a good compromise of a daily driver and a true sports car.

Interior is too simple. The center console is cheap and it's hard not to put weight on it getting in and out of the car. More low end torque.