2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
RX-8 Rocks!!
By 007 on 01/18/05 16:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The RX-8 give you the most bang for the buck when compared to the other cars in its class. None of the others has a back seat, which really comes in handy for extra people or extra gear. The performance is outstanding, it handles better than the BMW4, Nissan 350, or Audi. The six speed manual shifter is perfect, and the Bose stereo is awesome.

I love my RX8
By Maria on 01/07/05 23:59 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

The best thing about my RX8 is that it is soooo much fun to drive. I love the feeling of being pinned back in my seat when I step on the gas. Everywhere I go people stare and wonder, "what kind of car is that?". I love my car! The body of the car is perfect. I've never seen anything like it. Anybody can have a Mustang, and a lot of people do, but you don't see the RX8 everywhere. The only thing I wish is that it had better fuel economy. With the premium gas that's recommended, it can add up. But, you don't buy this car to worry about how much money you have to put in the gas tank. The car hugs you in. I feel like I'm in a person size capsule when I drive. It's perfect!

A Balanced Sports Car
By Tom Reese on 12/27/04 21:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

In sum, my RX8 represents great balance between style,performance, handling and fun. Great exhaust note, close ratio gear box. Stock Potenza tires are very noisy and wear quickly. Just installed Pirelli Wintersport 240 tires and they are quieter than the Potenzas. Lumbar support should be standard on all models. Do not use synthetic motor oil (Mazda should publish this in the manual). Use Mobil 1 synthetic in gearbox & differential and a K & N air filter - getting 24MPG Hwy, fully loaded - avg 70 MPH, using 93 octane fuel. No wind noise at the window, tight cabin - excellent build quality. 12K miles in 2 months without failure in any component. Velocity Red paint is flawless.

Mid life cure
By CarpeForem on 12/20/04 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Fun to drive. Great handling. Top end more than I could have ever expected.

Enjoying it every Second
By Jay on 12/15/04 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

It took me long time to choose what my next car was going to be. My choices were TSX, Volvo S40, and RX-8. I almost went for TSX due to its reliability and low maintenance costs; the s40 was too pricy after all the options and RX-8 was over $30k. I really didn't wanted to go over $30k, however when I finish the final deal with TSX it was just $1,700 under RX- 8. Then my good conscience kicked in, "I want RX-8"!!! So I dropped the deal and went on to buy RX-8. I am enjoying it every second there after. I would have regretted it immensely if I would have gone for TSX.

MidLifeCrisis
By Brad Hornsby on 12/14/04 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Great car for a mid-life crisis. Sporty, yet the children can also ride with you. And any teenagers will love to be seen with their "old man" in this car.

Excellent Vehicle
By louiseandbob on 12/13/04 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The Mazda Rx8 is a deceivingly large car. This really is a no compromise sports car. The car is just as tall, long and wide as most other sedans on the road but that doesn't take away from its sportiness. The car is quick, handles well, and actually has a decent ride.

sweet spot
By Vincent DeLeo on 12/11/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I'm a proud owner of the rx8,I only wish it had more off the line,but i guess you cant get much out of the tiny engine,but let me tell you my sweet spot,getting on an exit ramp in 3 gear,hitting the gas to my 9000 redline,wow it's really a sweet spot,your doing 40 off the ramp and before you know it your doing 90,i'll tell you one thing for such a tiny little engine,it really can move.I got my car in august of 03,i was one of the first ones to have it.since then theres been a few recalls,and a few quarts of oil added,but hey,get this bad boy supercharged,and im trading this one in,yeah baby,i can't wait for that to come out,and we all no it will.

Driving in 7th Heaven
By Paul in DC on 12/11/04 09:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Just picked up my RX-8 this week; 6 speed, GT pkg, Nav system. The funnest car I ever owned was a Triumph Spitfire - until now! The RX-8 drives like a dream - all the power I need. Well behaved in stop & go rush hour traffic, and moves like a bat outa hell on the open road. It has so many features it borders on decadent. It takes a while just to learn how to use all this stuff. The stares it gets are satisfying too. Like any car, the shifter takes some time to adjust to, as does the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I think the Nav system will become on of those things that's so useful I'll wonder how I ever lived without it. It's a great sports car with power and style.

rx8 review
By tbird on 12/02/04 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

Great car, fun to drive. Never owned a rotary engine. Been impressed