2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
RX-8 a new breed of greatness
By Jon on 03/14/05 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have been a sports car lover for some time.I looked at purchasing a 350z, but after I put both these cars to the test the RX-8 blew it out of the water.This car handles like a dream and after 4000 RPM's on the Tachometer feels like you are in a dream as well. The low end torque is nothing to brag about, but you are only in these low RPM's for a very short time. Anything above 4,000 rpms you are flying. There is nothing on the road that I can't compete with (or at least I feel like that) All in all this is a great sports car, that has been doubled as 'usefull'. That in its own right can't be beaten.

Living with a rotor...
By Will Dover on 03/13/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

A wonderful car - for a 2nd car. Fun to drive and reasonably practical (fits 2 kids in the back without complaining). Gas mileage a real nuisance, though.

da kid
By nick gusman on 03/12/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

i love the speed of this vehicle as i cruise the parkaway i hit about 80 in the 5th gear

Mazda RX 8
By a.stein on 03/08/05 23:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

A fun car to drive, gets looks everywhere you go. Great handling, responsive and quick, but not for the snow.

Best car ever had.
By Roland Reyes Burgos on 02/28/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This car is unique. Rotary engine, fun to drive, it's fast, 4 doors, 4 passengers and a lot of space in the trunk. What I can say! Look good and its fast like a sport car. 4 doors and a lot space like a sedan car. Plus you can take your friends for a fun ride.

My Car
By Moo on 02/25/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my car. Even though it gets 18 miles to the gallon, which would be its only con. This car is the perfect car to do anything in: going on road trips, beach, etc.

Great Car -- but watch out for snow
By patrick haugh on 02/22/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Superb car for the money. Interior fit and finish streets ahead of the 350Z. Smoothest acceleration you'll ever experience. Handles wonderfully in dry and wet conditions. BUT the OEM tires (Bridgestone Potenzas) are useless with any amount of snow. If you drive anywhere where it snows, either get a set of all weather/snow tires or garage it. The combination of a tiny gas tank and high fuel consumption mean you'll be refilling about every 260 miles.

zoom zoom needs more vroom vroom
By bsilly on 02/21/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This was my first purchase of a "sports" car. The exterior styling was the deciding factor when comparing it with other vehicles for me. To me it is the best looking car on the road. I am happy with the RX8 for the amount of money spent, but would be happier if this car moved faster. In middle gears and at 55 to 60 it just doesn't move as I expected it would. Zoom zoom needs more vroom vroom in my opinion.

Cool Car!
By jesse on 02/19/05 21:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Since I bought my RX-8, I've gotten lots of comments. Too bad I'm not still single otherwise I would be able to give more rides. Smooth as silk drive, except in snow and ice with the stock tires. Extremely treacherous --- do not attempt winter driving with these tires. I bought Pirelli Wintersports and have no problem now. Wide range on each gear. Excellent pickup at the 5000-6000 rpm range.

vroom is for real
By george mouzakis on 02/19/05 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

Have just had a month. No problems. The tranny lets me take turns being a teenager and a sedate 60 year old. Air and heat could be a little more powerful, and fuel economy is zilch -- but you know this when you buy it. Everything else is awesome - my gut gives out long before the car does in cloverleafs. Just hearing the solid sound and the way the door closes reassures you of the quality. And driving at night with the red/blue dash lights allows me to believe I'm captaining the space shuttle. Go for it if you can!