2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Best in class
By bsillaman on 04/23/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

After researching G35 coupe, and 350Z, I chose the RX8. Functional for my family of 4, but sporty. By far the best value for the money in the group. I rated the gas mileage an 8 because compared to other cars with similar performance it still gets good gas mileage. It is unfair to give it poor marks by comparing it to a compact car's gas mileage. This car is fun to drive but you really need to get the upper end of the rpm's to attain a level of satisfaction. If 0 to 60 is what you are looking for, then this is not the car for you. It is a true great sports car when taking into account the incredible and I mean incredible handling and feel. The manual trans. is a pleasure to drive.

RX8 Rocks
By jkinard on 04/16/05 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I absolutely love everything about this car. It handles unbelievably and will take most cars on a winding road. The high revving engine is non- stop fun. A little more torque off the line wouldn't be the worst thing though.

Amazing car
By RX-8 on 04/12/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

This car is everything you want in a car and more. I lvoe this car. I plan to get every model. ALso withs it's rotary powered engine this car drives like a dream. I would suggest this car to everyone.

my RX-8
By Chad Foster on 04/10/05 08:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Being a proud owner of my RX-8, I made the decision over the winter to store my car for 4 months until the weather improved. Since beginning to drive it again as of March 20th, 2005 (I remember the date because of my brother's birthday), I have had my RX-8 picked up by roadside assistance on 3 different occasions. It is fast becoming the most unreliable vehicle I have ever purchased in my life.

awesome vehicle
By eric buzaglo on 04/09/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

this car is exceptional. the mazda rx-8 is both beautiful inside and out. its 17 inch wheels are magnificent. very unique car. i hope mazda keeps up the good work. bravo!

RX 8 is fun for moms
By Sue C on 04/06/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

Love the attitude of the car -- handles like a dream! City and Highway driving are a thrill!

RX8 value is the best
By bsilly on 04/06/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I purchased my RX8 in December after doing extensive research. The RX8 is the best value in the coupe category. It is the most distinctive car on the road and performs admirably. The true cost to own is better than the new Ford Mustang and I feel the RX8 is flat out more reliable than the Nissan 350Z. Plus it comfortably accommodates 4 people (unlike the new Mustang which has virtually unusable rear seating). Unless you want to reduce to a 2 seater and pay $20,000 more for similar coupe styling that the new Corvette offers, the RX8 is the best option. $20K in price difference can buy me this RX8 and a new Mazda 3s for my wife! The only real cometitor is the Infiniti G35,

3rd rotary ownership
By rich russo on 03/29/05 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

great exterior design, excellent road handling. pickup is somewhat lacking with the automatic, gas mileage fair. real looker!

"Fine French Fencing Foil"
By Les on 03/29/05 12:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

it is the best car i have ever driven. it respond to the road with such accuracy and precision, "like a fine french fencing foil."

i would not buy one again
By rx8joe on 03/27/05 18:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

when i got my rx8 home, i was looking for the spare tire. lo and behold there is no spare tire.. it is an option. which cost me 477 more. the saleslady forgot to mention that the rx8 uses oil. actually she forgot to mention many things about the rx8. and most importantly she left out the part about these cars are prone to flooding. if you do not let your engine warm up. will i buy one of these again? no... in fact as soon as i can i am getting rid of it.. nothing but problems since i've gotten it..