Used 2005 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:

Mazda in Waco, TX
By Greta Texas

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I just bought my dream car. Never thought I'd own a sports car and now I do. The RX-8 is sporty yet is also has a backseat, four doors, and a trunk to hold groceries. I love it!

I love the body style of the RX-8. It has beautiful curves.

None at this time.

RX-8
By Michie

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my RX-8. I think it has a great sleek design that really turns heads and the back doors were a great idea for those who want a sports car, but still have the comfort of a four door sedan. The car handles great & really grips the road, however it is very important to warm the vehicle up before driving in the cold weather otherwise you could possibly flood the engine. Also, you really need to keep an eye on the oil level because with the rotary it burns very hot. Other than that, the car is a ton of fun and really a head turner!

Head Turner
By rklan

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have never had a vehicle which gets so much attention. It dares to be different. It strikes up conversations with people who normally care less about cars. The engine runs incredibly smooth, I would rather listen to it than the radio! Incredibly quick and nimble, a great year round driver (even in Wisconsin winters). Plenty of room for back seat passengers, the trunk carries much more than you would expect.

Body style, solid fit and finish, rotary engine, 6 speed transmission, 4 passenger seating with 4 doors.

Gas mileage could be better. Needs automatic rear venting windows, pass through trunk.

Don't she purr?
By Jwoods

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have had 2 Mustang GTs, a Corvette, a RX-7 and presently have a Chrysler Crossfire (new) and a Mercedes C230 and this is my favorite so far. The comfortable ride doesn't beat you up, responsive engine, smooth shifting transmission, the Bose stereo and I could go on. But Al Pacino summed it up best in Scent of a Woman when he said " Don't she purr, though" while driving the Ferrari.

Don't she purr? ZOOM ZOOM.

Gas mileage. More torque needed.

Nice Car Fun to Drive
By cindy

2005 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have had mine for over a year, still love it. Of course it's bad in the snow but it's rear wheel drive so I expected that.

Love the color and the styling. The controls are right at your fingertips.

Make it so it can take reg gas. The cupholder is not in a good place. When I looked most of them had all the options not enough mid grade prices; either was the base model or all the bells and whistles.