2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
awesome
By na on 03/01/06 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

This car is amazing. Fun to drive as long as you got the gas money.

RX-8
By Al on 07/22/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

A beautifully executed design. It looks like no other car on the road. Its handling and engine note border on the exotic at the price of a well equiped Camry. Very competent as a daily driver with the comfortable cabin and nifty rear "suicide" doors. Cross shopped several cars (G35, 350Z, Magnum R/T). Interior build quality head and shoulders above 350Z and Magnum, better than G35. Not quite Audi, but very good. Love the invisible features like aluminum body panels (they sing when you rinse it off), 50/50 weight distribution, etc. Great price too.

2005 Mazda RX8 Shinka
By JASHNKA05 on 06/10/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

I bought my '05 Mazda RX8 Shinka April 11, 2005 after selling my 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra in March. The Shinka does not have enough torque like the Cobra did but holds the road substantially better than the Cobra. Its an all around fun car & I would recommend it to all age groups.

vroom is for real
By george mouzakis on 02/19/05 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

Have just had a month. No problems. The tranny lets me take turns being a teenager and a sedate 60 year old. Air and heat could be a little more powerful, and fuel economy is zilch -- but you know this when you buy it. Everything else is awesome - my gut gives out long before the car does in cloverleafs. Just hearing the solid sound and the way the door closes reassures you of the quality. And driving at night with the red/blue dash lights allows me to believe I'm captaining the space shuttle. Go for it if you can!