2004 Mazda RX-8 Consumer Review: Never again

2004 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Review

Manual Coupe (1.3L 6-speed Manual)

Never again
By never again on

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I, like others, purchased this car because of its sleek look. It started with problems with the engine which the dealership wanted to replace. Unfortunately Mazda, the corporation ,decided it was my fault that the engine was faulty and declined all repairs. Even though, I have had all maintenance repairs(oil change, tune ups, etc) done at the mazda service center ever since I purchased the vehicle. The sad part is that the car is still under warranty and they would not honor the warranty. I even got a call from thier rep. who told me they would not honor the warranty. When asked if he could put this in writing he declined. To anyone who is thinking about buying this car..One word..DON'T.

It actually started without giving me any problems and it never rode hot..but isn't that what a car is supposed to do. I guess you can see where my expectations are for this vehicle. Not very high.

I wish that the Mazda corporation would just honor the warranty that they committed to when they built the vehicle. You know this engine has major flaws yet you choose not to correct them. My only suggestion would be DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!