2004 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
By far the best car ive ever owned
By Alex E on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This car far exceeded my expectations for mazda. It is an extremely fun and inspired car to drive, and gets a lot of attention as well. The best way i can describe the amount of driving pleasure this car sparks, is by referring to the honda s2000. In terms of power delivery, it is very similar to the s2000, in my opinion having better steering feel then the honda, and a much better ride quality, however the shift feel is not quite as good as the honds (but it is still excellent)

New RX8
By liger on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The cockpit is just perfect but the rear seats are not comfortable for adults, but is roomier compared to other coupes.

What a car!
By RodmaninFL on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The car is great. It is agile and the back seat is useable for adults. We have learned the back seat sequence of steps - open doors, front seat forward, person in seat back. Once in it is comfortable. I have discovered storage bins in several places and there is a pass-thru even though some reviews say not. I am still disoriented by the radio controls but the rest of it is great. The nighttime interior lighting is gorgeous - neon blue, red and dome spotlight. A VERY well designed car.

This car is awesome!
By katrina on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I test drove this car and fell in love! I handles like a front wheel drive vehicle with the beef and clout of a rear wheel drive sports car. Highly recommend driving it. It is an absolutely fun car with a splash of practicality!

This Car Rox
By DisneyDestroyer on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my new 8. The seats fit like a glove, the engine takes off and is hummmmmmmm smooth. The ride is easy, but the tires stick to the road like flypaper. As my cousin said, it has a high odam factor. As in people pointing at it as you drive by, going "Oh, D@MN!"

ZOOM ZOOM
By Shend on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

The concept of ZOOM ZOOM is really apart of this car. I lov it, it cool The sport car I can carried my Daughter in Thank for all the fun

2 Day old RX-8
By OverLOAD on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I just got this car, and WOW!. It's evertthing I had hoped for, and more. It handles predictably, and beautifully. The new electronic power steering assist is very nice. For a 247 hp car, it's fuel efficiency is pretty good @ 24 mpg highway. Good acceleration through all the gears. Even accelleration on the highway in top gear from 70 to 100 mph is great. This car just begs you to push harder on the gas. Very fun to drive, excelent finish, very nice interior. Every where I go, peoples heads are turning to look at this stuning car!

Hard to Believe
By George on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The experience of driving the RX-8 cannot be described: Smooth, quiet, FAST, precision steering, comfortable, easy handeling and lots of interior room. Drivers seat with power can be adjusted to the shortest or tallest. You must start the engine to appreciate the power and sound of this new rotary engine. Mazda has a real winner in this vehicle. You must drive one to experience the excitement and thrill of this new machine.

The BatMobile!!
By Dovid on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

This car is something else. From the day I got the car I have done nothing else but drive it and admire its sleek body and beautifuly designed interior. The car is and artistic delight and is a pleasure to drive. I recommend this car for people looking for a reliable ride, a gorgeous design, all at a reasonable price.

The RX-8 is the best
By Mike Fannucci on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I recently bought myself an RX-8 (Red with Red and Black interior) on the 6 speed manual. Let me tell you- This car flies!! It is a very, very fast car, with a very slick look. It shifts well and is very fun to drive. Of course there are faster cars out there, but if you are looking to spend under $35,000 and yet still have the luxury of carrying more then one other person with you, then the RX-8 is definitely the way to go!