2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Best car yet
By boowana on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I bought this car over the Internet sight unseen several months ago. After I picked it up, I realized that it exceeded all of my expectations. The only minor gripe I have is gas mileage but it is a psorts car and I tend to drive it a little more aggresively so i guess that's to be expected. People stop me on the street just to look at it. It is like a piece of art.

Cruisin' Hawaiian style
By HawaiiRX8 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

Fun car to drive. Sprots package with auto trans. Lots of positive comments reagarding styling. Unusual layout of interior gauges and switches, but workable. Car is rock steady at speed and highly maneuverable and responsive. Air contioner is a bit anemic and could be colder as well as quieter. Ride is firm and reassuring, but not uncomfortable. Gas mileage is fair(18mpg), but could be better.

Light and Quick
By James, Dallas on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

As an Audi owner, I drove the TT Coupe prior to buying my RX-8, and I have to say the RX-8 blows away the TT. Hands down the RX-8 is lighter, more responsive, quicker, and more comfortable. In addition, the back seat is much roomier than the TT Coupe, in fact, adults can actually sit back there comfortably. The rotary engine purrs and demands to be driven between 4-5,000 RPMs. And with a red-line of 9,000, I have yet to use 6th gear. Cruising down the highway at 80 mph is easy on the engine in 5th gear. Since the car was just released, I don't have any maintenance history so I can't speak to that. But for the first 300 miles, this car cooks!

My RX-8 rocks
By tjrx8 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The title says it all. I only wish the fuel economy was a little better. I love this car and it was worth the 5-6 month wait.

I JUST LUV IT
By RONNIE on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I HAVE BEEN DRIVING CAR FOR A WEEK AND JUST LUV IT ... ITS A HEAD TURNER FOR SURE

Great Auto
By harry0 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Best car that I've ever purchased. I read about the RX-8 in 2001, I told my local dealer thaen that I wanted to purchased it.I reveived delivery on 7/18/03 and went on a two week, 5000 mile road trip. It was a great trip without any problems. The RX-8 is a fun auto to drive. I put it to the "test" - Hot weather in Texas,New Mexico & Death Valley, moutains in Colo & Ca, Highspeed driving in Ut. IT'S A GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE. I just hope that the dealers don't mark-up the price and reduce the market for the RX-8

Better than Road and Track
By hag on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

After waiting 7 months and reading numerous reports and articles about the RX8, I was not disappointed! This car will revolutionize (no pun) the sports car industry what Sony did to radio's with the walkman, and Yamaha did to marine outboards with it's 2 stroke salt water series.

Amazing Car!
By carliker on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Like another person who rated this vehicle, I had to wait four months before I got my car. The wait was worth it! You get tremendous bang for the buck with this vehicle. Usually when I get a car or anything expensive, I have a few moments of buyer's remorse. However, I haven't experienced one second of it since I bought this car! That makes me so happy!

Great Sports car
By newRX-8 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The car is a delight to drive. The steering feel is very good. The brakes allow you to break late in a corner. I find the seats supportive and comfortable. The six speed manual is easy to shift.

New RX8
By liger on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The cockpit is just perfect but the rear seats are not comfortable for adults, but is roomier compared to other coupes.