2004 Mazda RX-8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX-8 model:
Driving Perfection!
By m10ant on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This car was definitely worth the wait. Exterior styling is head turning both literally and figuratively. Rotary engine sound is music. I'm so impressed with this car's responsiveness: acceleration, handling, and braking are superb! They far exceed any expectation I may have had. A complete joy to drive!!

Loving to Drive
By Scott (Zoom-Zoom) on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I had been impatiently waiting for a couple months for the car to be available in my area. I have only had my RX-8 for two weeks, but it has been wonderful. The styling is close to exotic and I get lots positive comments about its looks. The performance is just what I expected, handles better than a porche, but not so fast that you will drive over your head easily.

AWSOME!
By warp3d on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

The car handles like a dream...and the interior is beautiful. Great attention to detail...the Rotary symbol can be found throughout the car and quality is top notch!

Great Styling...Poor Performance
By UnR1 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I bought the RX8 strictly fsor its styling...the performance is not nearly as good as it's competitors (350z, evo, g35, etc...) Mazda recently admitted that the real HP figures are 238...not 250. And from actual dyno results, it looks like it may be less. I love the styling though, looks awesome!

great car
By blu on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Automatic 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 4A)

fabulous car, hot to drive , fun nice looking at decent price.

Great new Car
By Poisonsu on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have waited 6 months for the car. So far it is everything I expected. It really hugs the road and it is been alot of fun to drive. The lines on the car are beautiful. People look at the car all the time. I have had it 1 week. So far no problems!!!

Not a 7, but still a 10!
By madmariner on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I have owned 3 RX-7s (80, 87 and 94) and I'm very pleased that Mazda developed the RX-8. Although it lacks the punch and rail-like cornering of the twin turbo, it is much more practical and affordable and gives up nothing in the fun-to-drive category. And the lack of turbocharging should bode well for the longevity of the engine. The car does not have the fit and finish of some of it's higher priced brethren, but it doesn't give up much and the performance, features and balance that you get in the RX-8 makes it a value that you simply cannot find elsewhere.

This car exceeded all my expectations!!!
By Bryan Mathews on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

An awesome car!!!!!!!!! This car is simply not a quantifiable machine on paper. You must see it in person to captures its full beauty.

Smooth operator...
By jogr on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I drove the RX8 and thought "Quality. Smooth. Effortless. Confident. Willing. Unique. Wow, it's at 9,000." My girlfriend hated the RX8 on paper. Then she saw and sat in the RX8 and said, "OK, you should get one of these." Despit what Vreveron the Honda saleman says below, this car is quality. The seats are excellent. The shifter reminds me of Underdog, my Miata. The engine needs no explanation as it makes piston engines seem irrelevant. It's like an electric motor with noise: you can't feel how fast it's spinning. The handling, while not like my modified Miata, is "wow, if I have to drive a sedan, I want it to drive like this!"

Glad I waited!
By Randy Leonard on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I had been debating on what car to buy for several months and had decided to buy the Infiniti G-35, but after seeing the RX-8, the decision was made. I have the first one in the city I live in because the dealership just opened last Saturday. As a matter of fact, I was the first person to buy a car there. And I love the car! It has a lot of power and the look is great. I've had several people ask me about my "fancy imported sports car". It also drives great and is one of a kind. No regrets here.