1994 Mazda RX-7 Consumer Review: Buy a warranty if not racing i

1994 Mazda RX-7 - Consumer Review

Buy a warranty if not racing it
By Good "Sports" Car on

1994 Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2dr Coupe

From the moment I saw the RX-7 I wanted it. It is truly one of the most beautiful designs to ever come out of Japan. I have owned this and the Nissan Twin Turbo 300. While the 300 is overall a better "car", the RX-7 is really more of a true sports car. Good: Styling, smooth engine, looks very expensive, interior well laid- out. Not so good: If you are considering one, and are not planning on putting on an aftermarket turbo, etc., BUY A WARRANTY. I went through three orig equip turbos but luckily had a warranty. You can buy a warranty on this ride for under $2K, and you WILL be glad you did. Other bad: drinks premium fuel like a freshman fraternity pledge at a beer keg. You WILL replace radio.

Styling, performance, uniqueness, ability to increase performance to awesome levels if you want to spend the money.

Gas mileage, turbo reliability. While I am a pretty slim guy, if you are a little big around the middle or a re a big person in general you will find this car to be uncomfortable. Also, if you have the choice, get the base model with the cloth upholstery - it holds up a lot better than leather.