2003 Mazda Protege5 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The perfect car.

2003 Mazda Protege5 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The perfect car.
By Kyosuke on

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda Protege 5 for about 3 1/2 years and I absolutely love it. In the beginning I was a bit wary of the fact that it was a wagon rather than a four door, but I had to get it since it was more practical. I love the leather seats. The sound system is amazing, however I change my stereo deck to an Alpine which made the bass a 100 times better. The styling is amazing; one of a kind. Handling is excellent, the aceleration is not too bad for a four cylinder. I especially love the 4 speed tiptronic, which allows you to rev beyond the 6,500 rpm. I wouldn't suggest it, but I've taken it up to 7,000 rpm. Nothing is wrong. It's extremely reliable and no problems whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, strut bar, handling, styling (both exterior and interior), gas saver, hidden subwoofer in the trunk, ride is very smooth, and the car is just very quick for its small 2.0L engine.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish that it came turbocharged or supercharged for both automatic and manual.