2003 Mazda Protege5 Consumer Review: MP5 enthusist

2003 Mazda Protege5 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

MP5 enthusist
By eddie on

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in March of 2003, as of today I have approx. 115,000 miles. I've gone through three sets of tires, new brakes and rotors, new radiator, timing belt, and one tranny flush. This car is awesome. Before this car, I owned the Mazda 626, so I was already hooked on Mazdas. The first year and a half, I would always take my car to the dealership to be serviced, but the cost got so high, I started doing all of the easy maintenance myself. That kept the cost of owning this car really low! All in all this car has held up and I love it till this day!

I love the styling of this car and the fact that I upgraded my head lamps to HIDs the road is so much brighter at night. I upgraded my brakes and rotors, to drilled and slotted. Bought ZR rated tires and new stabilizer bar. My car looks more aggressive especially in yellow.

There are many little things this car could have used that you can now find on the Mazda 3s, so it's pointless to point them out. Just makes me want to go buy the Mazdaspeed 3. I just don't want to give up my sport shifter, for a full manual. I plan to upgrade my stereo to a in-dash dvd navigation