Fun Reliable Car
By Mtoth on
2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have owned this carr since Aug 2003. I bought this car just before I drove to my first duty station while I was in the Army. This car has made several trips across the US. I have not had to do anything beyond routine maintenance yet to this vehicle. I love this car and plan on keeping it for an extended period of time. I average around 27-29 mpg. I have the 5 speed and notice that it is not as easy to shift in the morning when it is cold. That's to be expected when you have moving gears. I just did my 60,000 mile check up and needed a new timing belt & battery but my car had been mostly in hot weather. I love this car and will own it until it can't be driven anymore.
Favorite Features
Sound system is awesome. I can pack up just about anything in and not have to worry about it, and when thats full I can use the roof rack. The handling is so much fun. The only bad thing is that people call it a wagon, it sure does not handle like a wagon. Can't beat the value for this car.
Suggested Improvements
More hp would be much better. I am happy with it but this car would be so much better with some more ponies under the hood. The 6 disc cd player only works now when it wants to. I wish I could clean the lense so that it would work again.