2003 Mazda Protege5 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (293 reviews )
QQUUIICCKK!!
By robfosse P5 on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very QUICK car, good for driving in traffic, and curvy roads, until you get up to high elevations and you lose that last amount of power that seems so important. Quickness is its best virtue, and most descriptive adjective, which is more important than speed, because, we're not racing, are we? SPeed limits favor quickness over power. Super comfortable. The leather seats are fabuloso. The sport trans is fun and fairly functional in many sitations, like mountain roads, traffic jams (you won't need to move to the brake pedal as often). Smooth is another applicable term for this vehicle, especially when driven moderatly. The brakes seem superb.

The car with the most fun for low price.
By Misbehave on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. For style, the aggressive outlook will make people jealous all along the road. For driving pleasure, this car rank number 1 for it's class and price. For value, the below 20k price tag gives you all the good things you want most in a sport car. I am proud to own this car. I no longer have to pretend I am driving a sport car, because it is a sport car.

Beats the Competion - Hands Down.
By logun on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only had the car a few days, but after special ordering the 2003 just the way I wanted it it was worth the wait. This car is Fun Fun Fun to drive and has most all the bells and whistles you'd ever want. Read Car & Driver Review June 2002 - they describe this car to a T.

My new Protege 5 drives like a BMW 3 Ser
By MaryC on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Some years ago I had a Mazda 323 ('87) and I loved that too but found out it didn't do so well in crash tests. My new Protege 5 got 5 stars (driver) and 4 stars (passenger) in the crash test. It drives like a dream. Nothing else in this price class can match its style and performance - it's really got class. A very cool sport wagon.

its a blast to drive
By dgc on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

have only owned the p5 for a couple of months but have thoroughly enjoyed every day. It's just a blast to drive, especially up twisty hills. Mazda has set this car up so well that i wish i lived farther away from work! My family loves it so much we're putting it away for our tough Canadian winter.

Zoom, Zoom
By industrogoth on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my car for a few weeks but I'm very impressed. I actually bought the car without test driving but it was a gamble that paid off. It's very fun to drive, often come up with any reason to get behind the wheel. It rides smooth, has great handling and comes with every feature standard. A/C works great and the sound system is pretty good too, also gets great gas mileage. To sum it up, this is possibly the best car I've ever owned and I advise you to check it out.

A Nice Little Package
By DTKWOK on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at the likes of the Nissan Altima 2.5S, Jetta, Honda Civic, Ford Focus and Toyota Corolla, the MP5 is a lot of car for the money. Great looks, awesome handling (for a front driver), good passenger room, decent gas mileage and good amenities make it a serious contender in the sub $20K market.

Zooom Zoooom Zoooom Aperautanauoo (sp?)
By TominSF on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I've owned (esp compared to the Jetta). I live in San Francisco and I feel like I'm in a commercial everyday zooming around the hills.

Protegé5
By RedQuest on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is exactly what I was looking for. Sports suspension with enough power to go up smoothly through the hills I have to drive everyday. For me is just perfect.

Zoom Zoom
By firemandan on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After careful research, i chose the Protege5. It is without a doubt, the best car i have ever owned. I would not hesitate to recommend it (or the dealership for that matter) to anyone interested in a Fun, Functional car with excellent handling.