Used 2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (293 reviews )

Excellent automobile
By rds

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owning my pro5 has been a wonderfull experience. This car is the third Mazda I have owned, and the second Protege. As with the previouse two this has had virtually no issues or problems with the exception of a rattle that was taken care of at the dealer. It is as much fun to drive as the first generation RX7 I had in the past, and it has a much more people friendly rear seat than any other simmilar small wagon I compared it to. In a nut shell it always gets looks and makes me smile the minute I turn the key.

The handling/suspension, as well as the versatility of the rear hatch and its' styling.

More power, it would be an even better car than it is if it had the same power plant that is used in the MP3, or may be the 6cyl from the 6 could be an option. On a styling point, lose the side markers on the front bumper.

Can't believe it's true
By Santanu

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I fell in love for it. Awesome looks,like just unloaded from European upscale factory. Most handsome (or pretty) car in 15-30K segment. Drives like a dream,smooth transmission,sufficient power,rich feeling inside and out. Audi/VW would have priced this at 30K if it this rolled out of their factory. The body is tight and very well composed. Nigligible body roll and corners like you are locked to the road. I bought mine totally loaded. They are giving a great deal now as Mazda3 are coming soon, and they don't have this deal. Don't follow others and blindly pay your money on bland Civic/Corolla or even Martix.

Dash - very sporty and functional. Leather seats, elegant and stylish interior. Expensive feeling in and out. Fog lights and eyelid style rear spoiler. Basically everything.

Cupholders need to be re-positioned. Nothing else

It is a Pro
By grahamcracker

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Protege 5 is everything I've ever looked for in a new car. It looks good, handles well, is dependable and gets fabulous gas mileage. It has all the interior space we need when traveling cross country or just to the recycling center. I've gotten compliments on its looks.

We're getting nearly 40 miles to the gallon with our 5-speed stick on cross country trips.

Reduce wind and road noise. The cup holder location is inconvenient.

I love my mp5!!!!!
By jennphishin

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love it! I have driven several types and brands of cars over the years, but this beats them all! It handles great! Gets awesome gas mileage! Looks like an import without doing any mods on your own!

The exterior looks great!

none

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By witchiepoo

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the best new car i have ever had, will buy another mazda

driving around curves and hills on country roads

can't think of any