2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (293 reviews )
Great car for the money!
By steph315 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and love it! I've read past reviews where one of the main complaints is the lack of horsepower but this car is zippy enough for me! I used my credit union's fleet dealer and my buying experience was wonderful and haggle free and I paid $16343 which included the sport auto transmission and abs brakes w/side airbags! The car is fun, fun to drive and looks great! Zoom zoom!

It's getting better all the time...
By wondergreen on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the handling! Very nice around twisties. Engine likes high rpm's. I love the crisp throttle response, when you've got the engine above 3000 rpm's in 3rd thru 5th gear. Cannot imagine having an automatic when the manual is so much fun to drive! I like the smooth ride and the interior is very nicely thought out (no quirks in the design). Audio is definitely sufficient (6 spkrs - 6cd changer) for the frequent rocker! But the best feature is the handling, steering response, and the handling and the steering response, and handling/steering response is great. I also like the handling/steering of the vehicle.

went outside the box
By indianared on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have been a Ford person for years. Noting the less than favorable reviews on the Focus, saw a Protege 5 and fell in love. Have had it 2 /12 months and is everything I wanted. I am retired and use it for daily trips locally. Average 26-27 mph. Husband has big 350 diesel 4x4 and we use the Mazda for our outings. He is 6' tall and 230 lbs. and have plenty of room.

My first Mazda !!
By Lance on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

But definitely not my last. My family has always driven Mazdas but I had never owned one myself. That will change after purchasing my Protege5. I am hooked on Mazda as the dealership service was excellent both in sales and after-sales service. Not to mention the Protege5 is definitely the best handling and best looking car I have ever owned.

love my new wheels!
By kitty+randal on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my MP5 for 6 mths. and totally love it. It handles well in the city and highway. It's comfortable, has tons of room for my stuff and looks so cool. I've never been happier with a car. I don't think there is anything in it's price range that holds a candle to this baby! I highly recommend it!!

I am not a GRANNY
By Ericasspell on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I chose this car for its roominess, comfort and looks. I test drove a few cars similar in price and I felt as if I were 90 years old rather than 30. I have no kids, but I liked the wagon stlye for the room and the car itself because it is so sporty and fun to drive!!

Kick @$$ Ride
By crashnburn on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This ride is sweeeet. I love how it handles and it's 'get up and go' power.... Damn beautiful too. The only reason why I would get rid of it is to snag a new Nissan 350z or Mazda RX-8.

great car
By tony s nazir on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

look good and handling is excelent. good price for car.

Wow! What a car!
By travelboy on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got a Protege5 at a Waco, TX dealership (after being frustrated with Austin dealerships). Black Mica; Moonroof w/ deflector; 6CD changer; wheel-locks; Sport automatic; polished alloys. Final price was $17,536. The car is a dream. It operates with the fluidity of a pen; it goes EXACTLY where you want. Amazing streering puts a smile on your face when rounding sharp curves. The space comfortable and the power and acceleration much better than my V6 Xterra. The Black Mica color adds an element of euro-class to the very athletic looking design. I was sold by the test drive. It is THE most fun-to-drive car I have ever owned.

Car exudes excitement
By ron on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege5 Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great sporty look, powerful, excellent manouverability, impressive interior.