2002 Mazda Protege5 Consumer Review: Practicality AND Fun in a smal

2002 Mazda Protege5 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Practicality AND Fun in a small car!!
By JustinMoyer10 on

2002 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used and have since drove almost 15K miles & this car's great! I have become a huge fan of this car because of its practicality: LOTS of interior space for its overall size, lots of standard features for an 02, nice price. There isn't another car for the price that is that practical and so much fun to own/drive: Handling is SUPERB!, I get the sporty sense of feeling the road, I love to pack my stuff in the hatch for trips, its a great looking car as well with some nice sporty trims. Yeah you'll zoom-zoom if you get one but that's because of its precise handling, not because of its power (it could use 30-40 more horses). I wont mind driving this car for years to come!

Favorite Features

Handling makes this car a blast to drive, its looks, interior space, sound of engine (because you'll make it work), comfortable seats and lots of standard features. Not a lot of maintenance required.

Suggested Improvements

Bumpy ride, could use some more power (that's why it got a 9 in performance), headlights need replaced often, that's about it.