2002 Mazda Protege5 Consumer Review: Fun, Reliable car to drive wit

2002 Mazda Protege5 - Consumer Review

Fun, Reliable car to drive with some not so good features
By jwonger on

2002 Mazda Protege5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car from my brother 4 months ago. It currently has 157k miles on it and it runs great. Just changed the timing belt at 155k and so far its been running like a dream. Its a great affordable commuter car that has some quick speed on turns. Very reliable, every Mazda my family has owned has had 230k+ miles put on it. Definitely will be buying another Mazda after I put another 100k miles on this one!

I've taken it to the snow and get through no problem. It ain't know Subaru but throw some chains on it and it runs fine through the snow. Love the roof rack that was included with the car! Reliablilty: A+

You'd think this car with a 2.0L Engine would be a little quicker than it is off the line. Pedal to the floor and doesn't beat many cars, (my dads Corolla beats it). Interior features are not so great. Small Center console and no behind the seat storage.The cup holders only fit certain sized cups and if they are too tall they don't fit without spilling all over your gear shift. The trunk is a decent size, I suggest getting a trunk organizer to put all the stuff that you couldn't put in the center console or behind the seats.