2003 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: top of the line ES

2003 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

top of the line ES
By Unitenyc on

2003 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Black Mazda Protege ES in December 2003. the retail price was $18,050, I got a $2,500 rebate and hagggled hard. I got it for 13,000 before taxes. I think that is remarkable. It came with every option except sunroof and anti-lock brakes, but the 4 wheel disc brakes have massive stopping power. It has 16" aluminum alloy wheels and Dunlop tires! Halogen headlights! All around a great car and I feel I got alot of car for the money. Much cheaper than honda civic and toyota corolla. But they can't compare to this car. Mazda should have never stopped making this car. I would ONLY purchase the ES. It is a finely made, fun to drive, easy to own auto.

The best features are the styling, it looks great now that I have the windows tinted. the rear spoiler is nice and lowkey. The car handles incredibly as normal and very high speeds. I love the sport automatic transmission which gives me the option to shift like a manual.

The improvements I would like to have are more horsepower and a premium sound system.