2003 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Protege model:
Fuuunnn
By HUGO on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I Just bought this car 3 weeks ago and already put 1500 miles on it by just driving the backroads.

Great Car
By Brian2001 on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the ES for my wife in August 2001. She still loves the car. Kudos to Mazda for making the car inexpensive, but not cheap. The fit/finish are first rate. It only has 20,000 Km (she doesn't drive much). Only one problem so far - a blown main fuse that disabled the stereo and key fob. Other than that, this is a very easy car to live with. I love the 50 series rubber - this thing corners. The power is good, but not great - another 20 hp would be great. I find the pedals hard to heel/toe. To sum up, it is rommy, fun to drive, cheap to run small car.

Great driving car
By owned2ofthem on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Protege I've owned and they keep getting better. The reliability of this car is excellent, the handling is outstanding for a car in this class and the looks are sharp and stylish.

Brand New ES
By jscott33 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car and so far it has been great. Great acceleration and fun to drive with the 5-speed manual, light crisp clutch action and supprisingly great low end torque. Tight steering, nice grip, and excellent breaking with front and rear discs. Had to have the alarm adjusted, was a bit to sensitive. Easy adjustment took only a few minutes, knob located by steering column. I have previously owned an escort and a jeep wrangler.

Great in t-bone accidences!!
By Ali L on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The past week I was in a serious car accident with out Mazda Protege. A car t-boned use at an intersection. It was our mazda that saved my life with the side impact beams!

So Far - Luvin It
By DWolfe on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, have had the car less than a week. I admit - I love it. while it could use more HP (I think every one is in agreement on that) - it is a blast to drive. Handles fantastic. Right now I look for excuses to drive it around - normally it would just be for the commute.

It really is the fun to drive car....
By ZoomZoom02072 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Car is really the fun to drive car. This is the first car that I bought, I had been driving a 1991 Ford with 136,000 miles. I bought a pre- owned Mazda Protege that had 8601 miles on it. Its a 2000. It really Zoom like the Mazda ads say.... I know have a 2000 ES with all the features I wanted. When first looking for cars, I want a Civic badly! I couldn't afford a Civic with a Moonroof, CD player and keyless entry wiht low milage. I came across this WONDERFUL car in my range and I LOVE IT!

Best car out there
By Andy B on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at and test driving Hondas, Toyotas, and Saturns, I would have been stupid not to get my Protege. Not only does it handle very well, it's comfortable, can move like any 6 cylinder in its class (mine is only 4), and has a great factory installed audio system. Its design is sleek both inside and out. I average 35-40 miles to the gallon.

Buy a 5!
By maz on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own the Protege 5 and love it. There are faster sport wagons, but the Mercedes styling and crisp handeling make the Protege a blast to drive. I feel it is the best bargin on the market. Get the 5 speed! If you don't drive a clutch, learn!

great car
By jeff h. on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Protege Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

very nice car would recommend to anyone